Giftapart is a social ecommerce platform. That means you can shop online (ecommerce) and engage in digital social conversation (social media) with your friends, family, strangers, and retailer partners. Since Giftapart has a social component mixed with ecommerce, Giftapart may be required to collect and store more information than a website focused solely on ecommerce or social media. But we take your privacy very seriously.
In fact, Giftapart considers itself one of the most private social media platforms in the world. Unlike many others that need to depend on advertisement revenue, Giftapart’s ability to generate income through its ecommece platforms elevates the need to sell your date to third-party companies. That doesn’t mean there’s no advertising on Giftapart, it means that neither advertisers nor third-party companies have access to your information. And that’s pretty cool.
You should also review the Terms of Service.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Giftapart collects and processes your personal data through your use of this platform, including any data you may provide through this platform when you sign up to use our platform or purchase a product or service.
This platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age without parental approval, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children under 13 without parental approval.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Giftapart, giftapart.com, and the Giftapart mobile applications, collectively referred to as the "platform". This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this platform. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via entry while using the platform, email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to create your profile page and your public profile information. You have control in the platform’s setting as to how much or how little personal information you share, and to whom. We can also use this information to contact you. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. process payment, execute orders, and ship an order.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
(1) Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
(2) Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
(3) Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
(4) Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
(5) Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
(6) Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
(7) Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
(8) Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses. If you desire to receive holiday specials, promotions, or make your friends aware of your celebration of those holidays, someone may be able to know or figure out your religious beliefs.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
(1) Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
(a) apply for our services;
(b) request marketing to be sent to you;
(c) complete our questionnaires;
(d) use the social media features;
(e) upload media;
(f) share content with others;
(g) share wish lists and/or gift lists;
(h) create and share events;
(i) use the calendar features;
(j) make a payment through our website; or
(k) give us some feedback.
(2) Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment so that we can custom tailer the experience to what equipment you are using.
(3) Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google;
(b) advertising networks such as Google; and
(c) search information providers such as Google.
(4) Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Paypal.
(5) Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as Google.
(6) Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to create your social media profile and to contact you about the products or services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, your addresses, work history, education history, date of birth, anniversaries, and special dates, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
Orders are submitted and fulfilled by third-party retailers. Your information from the order form must be submitted to the retailer to complete your order. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other retailers. We encourage our users to be aware when they shop from particular retailers to read the privacy statements of the retailer to learn what personally identifiable information the retailer collects and how they use it.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We work with outside retailers and their respective shipping companies to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. Since we do not control this information, there may be a possibility that these companies do retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our platform may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing address provided below.
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You can either suspend your account or permanently terminate your account. When you suspend your account, Giftapart will hold all the data in the same manner as if you’re account is active except that neither you nor your friends will be able to see your profile page. If you permanently delete your account, Giftapart will delete as much of your data as possible within the technologies and systems that we use. For example, permanently deleting your account, or delete a media file, may not immediately delete the file from our servers. We do as soon as possible delete any reference to that media file(s) link making it very difficult for anyone to access the media, including us. Although no one is given access to those files through the Giftapart platform regular use, it is certainly possible but unlikely, that someone can still access that media from our servers for some time period. Giftapart does purge data that was marked as deleted from its data storage on a cyclical time basis determined by Giftapart, and then we can safely say that your media data is permanently removed. More information about this is available on the Terms of Service.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary, within the framework of the prior section labeled "Your Access to and Control Over Information," to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Until your account is closed, deleted or terminated, we may store your personal data. There may be times, for the purposes of protecting our users general interests in protecting personal data, that Giftapart may delete your personal data without your consent or knowledge.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
International data transfers (European disclosure)
If you use Giftapart from a country within the European Union, then this section applies to you.
Some of our external third parties (i.e. retailers) are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
(1) We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
(2) Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on October 31, 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
© Giftapart Inc.. All rights reserved.